To make the chair easier to move. The small wheels (castors) make it easier to change the direction of the chair as they spin around. It's called front wheel drive. Think of it like a car; the front wheels are moveable and the rear wheels follow suit. Some chairs are available with the castors at the back (rear wheel drive) , but they move quite differently. You can also get powerchairs with castors at the back, and they drive a lot differently to ones with castors at the front. There are “mid wheel drive” wheelchairs too, which are really cool because the main wheels are in the middle and there are two castors at the front, and two at the back, meaning the chair is able to turn on its own axis, which requires much less room.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Electric wheelchair Braking device
- How to maintain the electric wheelchair daily
- Select the electric wheelchair to pay attention...
- How to judge the quality of an electric wheelchair
- Classification of electric Wheelchairs
- Main structure of electric wheelchair
- Features of electric wheelchairs
- Precautions for daily use of electric wheelchairs
- Analysis of current market situation and prospe...
- Consumer demand for electric wheelchairs
- Why do some people with severe arthritis need r...
- Can we get wheelchairs for old people?